A touch of whimsy?

One of my favorite new trends in weddings, is to ditch the sterile white "5 star Hotel" thing, and get a little whimsical!  Themed weddings make me squee like a 10 year old girl at a pony farm.  (Well, at 39, I'd still squee at a Pony Farm.)

The pictures of these weddings is my inspiration for the wedding venue that I am in the beginning stages of planning.  (Just look at my Pinterest board!)  I am designing a Wedding Photographer's Dream Venue!

Many couples are choosing Back Yard Wedding Barbeques over the traditional church/banquet hall.  And I would LOVE to see more Barn Weddings.  The more rustic the better!  This is Kentucky, after all, where are all of my Pony Farm Weddings!?


I know, I know, you hear the term "Theme Weddings" and you instantly picture Spock Ears or Renaissance clothes.  But it's become much more.  Perusing the blogs, I've seen Circus and Carnival themes, rock and roll and steampunk, as well as some pretty neat casual to-dos, as well.

And a backyard wedding won't cost as much as a run of the mill banquet hall venue, either.  I really wish the DIY trend was in when I got married.  I tried to hard to look classy, and it just came off looking... well... lacking, because that's exactly what my budget was.  Lacking.  (another reason I am begging for a vow renewal -plus I like wearing pretty dresses!)